Vice President, Reimbursement
Nationally recognized physician group practice headquartered in Atlanta, GA (Sandy Springs area), is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing physician services and practice management firms The company is seeking an experienced Vice President for their ER and Anesthesia billing services. This position reports to the company’s Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for managing all aspects of the revenue cycle process for more than 1.5 million patient visits per year. As such, this leader, in conjunction with the COO and CFO, will set and maintain a budget and forecasted financial goals, with accountability for attaining targeted levels. This is an exciting opportunity to join the management team of a well-established, expanding company, offering significant responsibility/accountability, high visibility, and strong career growth.
- Provide strategic and operational direction for the entire Billing organization (140+ employees).
- Establish annual Financial Targets per practice location, including Collection Rates per patient/unit, Days in AR goals, and Patient Pay collection targets.
- Develop and maintain an annual budget (as % of net revenue), with a staffing plan to support key business objectives.
- Maintain communication throughout the Billing Department via the management team/structure. Also, provide ongoing communication to fellow corporate leaders regarding plans, results, and key elements that may affect reimbursement trends (Payer Mix, Medicare changes, etc.).
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures that support the day-to-day operations, including those around the accounting for the accounts receivable/revenue recognition process.
- Ten (10) years of Healthcare experience, with at least five (5) years in a leadership position.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong background in Billing Operations and Reimbursement.
- Accounting/Finance and Anesthesia billing experience are pluses.
- Undergraduate Degree